1. Maintain and conduct payroll and check processing utilizing the company automated payroll system
2. Provide guidance and administrator understanding of time clock system
3. Provide regular reports as appropriate to management team and supervisors
4. Coordinate payroll and change in status of employees with HR Manager
5. Keep track of pay period, hourly wages, salaried, overtime, sick days and vacation days of employees and ensure the overall balance is correct
6. Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions
1. Monitor all banking activities in order to detect irregularities
2. Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports
3. Assign GL codes for all deposit, prepare for review by management, and ensure journals are uploaded into appropriate financial systems
4. Prepare company financial reports, statements and analysis as assigned
5. Assist Chief Finance Officer (CFO) in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information as needed
6. Prepare financial reports and documents for taxes, regulatory agencies, and audits.
7. Assist CFO with month-end/year-end close processes
8. Maintain desk manual for accounting office procedures and processes
9. Ensure compliance with all internal processes
10. Maintain asset records and process financial transactions
11. Maintain confidential records
12. Backup for other accounting department functions and other duties as assigned by manager
REQUIRED DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO
1. Work in an open area environment
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
3. Analyze and organize detailed information and use good judgement in taking independent action or seeking approval
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills: ability to communicate and document problems, follow oral and written instructions, and interact effectively with managers, supervisors, staff and customers.
5. Strong problem solving and analytical skills
6. Handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines within a team environment.
7. Oversee the work of other staff in a professional manner (non-supervisory function).
8. Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles
1. Bachelors Degree in Accounting, finance or related field from an accredited college or university AND
2. 1-3 years progressive experience in the field of accounting, payroll, or finance, OR
3. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Experience in a retail environment
2. Experience with the following software: ADP, SAGE
Submit online application https://beavs.com/employment/.
Original source: Indeed