This established commercial bank are different, they are a bank with a social conscience. They have a “double bottom line” so are driven by generating profit but do this by helping their clients to contribute social, community and economic change. They are growing fast and are targeted to their customer loans by 100%+ by 2024. It’s a fantastic time to join.
There is currently a focus on the structure of their Finance function providing a unique opportunity for those with Treasury experience. They are looking for a Deputy Treasurer to join the team, working closely with the Head of Treasury but at the same time having great exposure to the CEO, CFO and CRO.
The key aspects of the role are monitoring key treasury risks (liquidity, capital and market risks). The great part of the role is that the Bank is realistic, where you are in your career you may not have in depth experience of all of these – however if you have good knowledge of two or three, they will teach you the rest.
You’ll also be supporting the Head of Treasury in the production of the ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan and Resolution Pack and regular stress testing to support and monitor those.
What you need:
* A Treasury or Accounting qualification (ACCA, CEMA, AMCT, etc)
* Previous financial services experience
* Understanding of balance sheet/Treasury risks, liquidity and capital ratios, ILAAP & ICAAP, stress testing and scenario analyses
Details of responsibilities:
* Developing networks with peers
* Keeping updated on the sector and regulatory changes.
* Liaison with treasury service providers
* Developing and running stress tests and scenarios analysis for liquidity, capital and interest rate risk.
* Developing and maintaining treasury limits (actual and forecast)
* Co-ordinate and improve MI provided to ALCO. As the business grows and becomes more complex there will be balance sheet management development
* ALCO preparations
* Maintain KRIs including interest rate gaps, product optionality analysis, basis risk and other risk appetite metrics.
* Deputising at Conduct and Compliance meetings.
* Developing models and produce data to support capital management and forecasting.
* Cover for the Liquidity Analyst when required
* Support the Head of Treasury and the CFO to implement derivative capability and the develop hedging strategies.
* Provide input to the finance process to continually seek improvement and ensure all procedures maintained and revised regularly for processes under your control.
Original source: Reed