You will have the ability to: Manage the daily cash position of CenterPoint Energy, Inc. and its subsidiaries. The Manager will also be expected to manage and enhance a short-term cash forecast, manage a $4 billion commercial paper program, optimize interest expense on short-term debt, ensure accurate reporting, perform variance analysis, develop and maintain strong internal controls and participate in and maintain the business continuity plan.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
* Competitive pay
* Paid training
* Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
* Subsides metro and parking discounts
* Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
* Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
* Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
* 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
* Manages and enhances the Treasury short-term cash forecast which includes working with all Stakeholders, analyzing cash flow trends and providing variance reports
* Coordinates the determination of the daily cash positions and takes appropriate position in the financial markets
* Monitors and manages short-term debt and investment positions to budget and forecast identifying drivers
* Ensures accurate and timely execution of electronic funds transfers initiated by Treasury
* Ensures transactions are accurately reported and recorded in the general ledger
* Performs monthly analysis of commercial paper borrowings and commercial paper dealer performance
* Manages banking matters to ensure service levels are met, resolves banking issues and explore new or alternative services to ensure “best in class” service
* Ensures compliance with the provisions of financing agreements
* Lead the review, evaluation and negotiation of bank service fees
* Contributes to Treasury strategies, process improvement and/or cost reduction initiatives
* Ensures financial obligations are met in accordance with Company policies and procedures
* Manages all money pool desk activities
* Performs month end/quarter end Treasury reporting functions as required by Accounting
* Provides support to regulatory, accounting, audit, etc. with regards to Treasury activities
* Maintains SOX controls and quarterly testing
* Provides guidance and training to Financial Assistants
* Participates in the company’s Business Continuity Plan which requires active participation in the disaster recovery activities, updating the plan and performing periodic testing.
* Assists in evaluation of new Treasury technology solutions and participates in RFI/RFPs.
* Assists with development of plans for movements of cash regarding acquisitions, divestitures and/or restructuring activities
* Supports Treasury activities related to rate case and recovery mechanism filings
* Provides support to all areas of the company with respect to Treasury activities
* Additional duties as directed by supervisor
Your background includes:
* Requires a Bachelor degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or statistics from an accredited college or university
* Requires a minimum of seven years of financial analysis work experience.
A bonus to have:
* Advanced degree in finance or statistics preferred
* Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification(s) preferred
* Experience leading teams and direct managerial experience preferred.
* Experience with FIS Integrity and SAP preferred.