Warner Bros. Discovery is looking for an experienced research and planning tax director to join our dynamic tax function, with a focus on tax treasury and mergers and acquisitions. As a multinational media and entertainment business, the senior manager will be involved in complex US tax treasury and M&A issues. This role will focus mainly on analyses related to treasury matters such as FX considerations, hedging, and debt issuances and will address inquiries related to treasury projects. It will also work with other members of the research & planning team to provide technical support and analysis related to complex business transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures).
* Provide tax guidance related to WBD Treasury’s initiatives
* Assist with tax issue spotting, and addressing related inquiries for treasury projects (e.g. discrete projects, financial instruments, cash pools, equity and debt funding, distributions, currency considerations).
* Perform U. S. federal income tax research and analysis, including writing technical memos supporting tax positions and preparing PowerPoint presentations related to tax treasury matters such as currency and FX considerations, hedging, internal and external debt issuances, and cash pool management
* Facilitate analysis relating to complex business transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures) and internal reorganizations to ensure transactions are designed, analyzed, and implemented in a tax-efficient manner.
* Provide technical tax support relating to US (as related to tax treasury and transactions) income tax controversies.
* Communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to other tax professionals and non-tax professionals.
* Work closely with members of the global tax team
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* CPA and/or JD
* Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a similar capacity.
* Previous expertise with Treasury matters such as FX considerations, hedging, internal and external debt issuances, and cash pool management.
* Strong tax technical skills and ability to discuss relevant matters with other members of the tax department and auditors where necessary.
* Good communication skills and proven ability to develop strong professional relationships with internal and external parties.
* High level of attention to detail
* Excellent project management skills, MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, and tax research skills
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity, and accountability
The Nice to Haves
* MS Taxation or LLM Taxation