The Treasury Analyst is responsible for supporting the day-to-day cash positioning of the company, including the timely and accurate accounting, managing and reporting of cash balances and movements in our various accounts and manages our daily cash position including liquidity forecasting.
The Treasury Analyst reports directly to the Manager, Cash Management and has contact with various departments/areas, Investment Managers, Third Party Administrators and Banks.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists in managing the Company’s daily cash position in a timely and accurate manner by prioritizing the development of the daily cash position for Custody and Operating accounts, working within the Treasury Workstation, creating the daily Open Payable/Receivable and Balance Rollforward, ensuring settlement of the day’s transactions, reconciling daily variances with intraday reporting, and escalating issues to management as appropriate.
* Maintain intensive and detailed Excel spreadsheets in support of Treasury Operations, must be able to review and debug complicated formulas to ensure accurate results
* Transition reporting and analysis activities from Excel into the Treasury Workstation
* Processes cash disbursement requests, prioritizes, stages the item for payment, and records the cash impact for analysis.
* Assist the Treasury Manager with overseeing banking relationships.
* Proactively plans for contingencies and propose improvements.
* Identifies and proposes process improvements.
* Track record of automating manual tasks & processes.
* Engages knowledgeably and confidently with customers to satisfy requests in a timely manner within the confines of good judgement and the internal control environment.
* Support the bank fee analysis in an automated and regular fashion; track and model bank fees and custodial fees for forecasting purposes.
* Analyze banking activity, consider and develop banking strategies.
* Supports documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Internal Control narratives related to the cash management functions with accuracy and completeness.
* Supports company-wide internal control objectives for Treasury by identifying key risks, adhering to controls, documenting controls for compliance and testing, assisting in the preparation of control self-assessments, and remediating any control gaps.
* Monitors the interface with external banking institutions by acting as initial point of contact for issue resolution. Escalates issues to management for resolution when necessary.
* Prepares ad-hoc analyses promptly and accurately in response to management requests.
* Provide for Business Continuity.
* Act as primary support and backup for the Treasury Manager
* Act as a backup to develop the weekly funding.
* Demonstrate independent thinking and decision making, willingness to look for red-flags and challenge issues.
* Support escheatment processing and training activities.
* Crosstrain within all areas of Treasury department, acting as a backup where segregation of duties allows.
* Perform special projects as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience.
* 1-3 years Treasury experience preferred in a high-volume banking environment (many banks and accounts).
* Experience with automated banking and cash management systems required, preferably FIS Integrity and eBAM.
* Experience with ERP software, preferably Oracle
* Insurance, Banking, or Financial Services experience preferred.
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you’ll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.
Link: [ Link removed ] – Click here to apply to Treasury Analyst />
Blue Cross of Idaho’s Treasury team is looking for a Treasury Analyst II. This position is responsible for ensuring the...Apply For This Job
The Treasury Analyst will contribute to the success of the company by providing operational support for the company’s global bank...Apply For This Job
DIVE IN TO A NEW CAREER WITH LESLIE’S: Leslie’s Pool Supplies is the “World’s Largest Retailer of Swimming Pool Supplies.”...Apply For This Job
US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with...Apply For This Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The primary role of a Treasury Analyst is to oversee the cash operations and related funding requirements...Apply For This Job
Ample career growth opportunity with a growing, entrepreneurial companyRemote working opportunities (2 days work from home) About Our Client Our...Apply For This Job