Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of cash management experience.
Skills: Knowledge of treasury operations, cash management/lockbox operations, treasury/cash management systems and the commercial banking industry. Treasury and banking software experience, a plus.
Requirements: Has a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation means available. Occasional travel may be required. Regular and reliable attendance.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics are consistent with those in similar professional offices. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are consistent with those of similar positions in other professional offices. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform treasury processes to ensure adequate liquidity for daily working capital needs and identifies and makes recommendations for investing short-term excess cash.
2. Administer treasury account maintenance, testing and upgrades.
3. Manage banking documentation for custody accounts, cash management agreements and other bank documentation.
4. Perform Security Administration duties related to banking online portals. Prepares/analyzes monthly and quarterly bank fees for management. Manages lockbox deposits and disbursements and wire transfer operations.
5. Prepare daily cash forecast based on a multitude of cash data inputs. Maintains daily variance analysis, providing detailed explanations for deviations from forecasted activity levels to management.
6. Perform other financial functions that may occur during the day to day operation of the office.
7. Participate in the process of implementing new accounts and structures.
8. Assist in researching the use of alternative payment methods.
9. Performs credit analysis duties as assigned.
10. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
11. Demonstrate and promote the following company and individual core behaviors:
a) Core Company Behaviors
b) Core Individual Behaviors:
1) Planning and Organization
2) Continuous Learning
3) Problem Solving
Original source: Indeed