Schedule Weekly Hours:
This position is a hybrid position supporting and executing a) key accounting and billing activities as well as b) treasury functions such as cash management, investment activities and debt compliance. Accounting experience and strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
The Treasury Specialist serves as the subject matter expert for transactions and details related to the day-to-day activities of the Treasury function. This position ensures proper and timely completion of a variety of treasury related tasks and transactions while maintaining appropriate records. This role assists senior leadership with special projects as assigned. Additionally, this position prepares reports and analyzes information for treasury and finance leadership.
1. Ensure that all daily cash balances and investments are maintained and reconciled on a daily basis.
2. Maintain workpapers and supporting schedules to prepare journal entries and account reconciliations necessary for accounting closes related to treasury activities.
3. Organize and execute payments necessary for debt payments, investment manager payments, swap payments and other investment related expenses
4. Serve as subject manner expert in dealing with organizational initiatives related to treasury. These include various cash payments for services, merchant (credit card) services, electronic payments, investments, debt, and swaps. Provide support to Director for those areas. Preserve and document transactions in these areas.
5. Maintain organization control of all outbound and inbound electronic payments.
6. Update, organize, and control bank and other financial documentation for services. Keep signature files up to date.
7. Coordinate and ensure proper and timely execution of all banking documents, treasury documents, merchant account documents. Ensure that documentation is kept up to date due to any changes in CFO, Vice President of Finance, and other applicable management levels as detailed by policy.
8. Responsible for all monthly bank reconciliations and related documentation.
9. Represent Treasury Department in new initiatives that occur within Gundersen to ensure that cash is controlled, revenue recognized accurately, the ultimate payments are received and recorded properly.
10. Design, prepare and maintain various spreadsheets to support general ledger entries and general ledger account documentation for treasury items for each accounting close.
11. Manage unclaimed property function.
12. Prepare workpapers and various other documentation, confirmations, and business process flows to support outside and internal audits.
13. Analyze, control and monitor bank service charges, merchant/credit card fees and investment manager costs.
14. Ensure that proper controls are in place and utilized for wire transfer and ACH payments.
15. Maintain control and watch over cash payments and transactions that occur outside of the treasury department. Examples include accounts payable, back office revenue cycle, GHS cashiers, various departments with cash registers, other departments that accept payments.
16. Produce reports and other analysis as required by treasury and finance management.
17. Work with senior leadership and others on project teams and may act as a project lead.
18. Ensure that debt payments, swap payments, investment manager, and other treasury related payments are made on a timely basis.
19. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, economics or related field
3 to 4 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
License and Certifications:
Category 3 – Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position:
Sitting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Static Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Walking/Standing Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Driving Occasionally Rarely (1 -5% or .5 hours)
Stooping/Bending Rarely (1 -5% or .5 hours)
Squatting Rarely (1 -5% or .5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Rarely (1 -5% or .5 hours)
Reaching Below Shoulder (This would include reaching for a mouse or a telephone.) Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
I f you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact HR-Recruitment@gundersenhealth.org or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer
Original source: Glassdoor US