The Treasury Supervisor will manage and lead a team that is working the following daily activities: issuance of checks, accounts receivable, ACH payments, bank reconciliations, positive pay, deposits, and check custody. There is also an element of reporting and communicating key metrics of the department performance. The Treasury Supervisor must be able to analyze processes and procedures to ensure internal controls are in place along with appropriate fraud prevention measures.
Essential Duties and Functions:
* Supervision of staff to ensure that they have direction and an understanding of their daily responsibilities
* Train and develop staff
* Perform audits of department to ensure internal controls mitigate risk and comply with company objectives
* Perform within the tight deadlines of the monthly close process
* Delegate and/or Assign work loads
* Verify timecards and approve time off requests
* Assist with performance reviews
* Assist as needed throughout the department with daily operations
* Resolve open discrepancies & questions that arise internally or with external clients
* Understands all processes within department including those that lead into or out of the department
* Solid foundation of Debit and Credits and understand how to perform a Bank Reconciliation is a key competency.
* Leadership – the individual manages effective teams and work groups, works to develops others, build and maintain relationships, can effectively set vision and strategy and manage change.
* Technically Proficient – the individual demonstrates proficiency using MS Office products and has the ability to learn new software.
* Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
* Interpersonal skills-the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
* Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
* Written communication-the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
* Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
* Quality control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
* Coaching/mentoring-the individual works with team members to help improve their capabilities and performance.
* Accounting experience required
* 5+ years of supervisory experience
* 2 Year College Degree or equivalent work experience
* Must be reliable with a positive attitude
* 3+ years experience in accounting and/or insurance
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a business or financial related discipline
* Be proficient with MS Excel formulas and/or macros
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.